Use of Urban Solid Wastes and Organic Wastes in Agriculture for Transition to Circular Economy
CirculaWASTE project will stimulate the development and use of innovative approaches and tools in agricultural and municipal waste management and biomass energy generation to assess and increase the efficiency of public expenditure in waste management and the investment in training, including through new funding models such as public-private partnerships, cost-sharing, etc. for waste management and biomass energy.
CirculaWASTE project seeks a solution to the needs identified , by addressing farmers unemployment via boosting entrepreneurship and new mindsets in rural farmers and municipalities, raising awareness of self employment as a career option in waste management and biomass energy generation. An innovative VET program, based on new entrepreneurship approaches is presented by the CirculaWASTE project in agricultural production.The project specifically, provide a comprehensive solution for the development of entrepreneurial skills in biomass energy generation and aimed at VET providers who will acquire new knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate the personal development, employ-ability and participation in the EU Biomass Energy market.
CirculaWASTE’s objectives are:
– Training of 96 VET trainers,
– A Training Manual for VET Trainers as the final product as a result of the 4 ToTs to be carried out within the project cycle,
– Identify and analyze targeted needs and competences,
– Developing new professional skills related to biomass energy,
– Promoting the EU’s RES demands
– Awareness-raising and transfer of innovation for the re-use of waste in the EU,
– Supporting the improvement of the quality of life in rural areas and reducing migration,
– Promoting environmental awareness
4 activities have been planned.A module will be developed as a result of each activity.At the end of the project, these modules will be brought together and a training manual will be created.The institutions hosting the activities will create the modules, and SDSN will give the final version of this manual.
Activity/Module 1-Agricultural Wastes
Activity/Module 2-Animal Wastes
Activity/Module 3-Human Waste
Activity/Module 4-Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
With the training activities we will carry out in this direction, we will develop the capacity of 96 VET trainers on these 4 subjects.