Innovative guidance and training services for low-skilled and low-qualified adults
Challenges in achieving education for all in Europe are still present, namely: unpredictable demand for future skills, large disparities in access to education, the need to train adult educators in transversal curricular approaches to provide more life-context and authentic learning opportunities to sustain the transition to employment, the need for skills to integrate digital devices in instruction, lack of a common and coherent methodological approach in guidance and counseling services in order to be effective across all educational levels.
Currently, there are training, counseling or coaching e-platforms strictly dedicated to one area. Targeting a holistic approach, the project identified the needs of staff who support adult learners to have at hand, integrated into one, all necessary means to assist the low-skilled and low-qualified adults all through the way on their upskilling path to increase their competitiveness and adaptability in the labor market. In this respect, the project’s overall goal is to empower these professionals with an integrated and innovative iPath2UpSkilling Platform and Programme together with the specific skills required for using it in order to assure high quality upskilling pathways for the low-skilled and low-qualified adults.
During 30 months, the project aims to:
(1) develop the iPath2UpSkilling Platform (O1).
(2) develop the iPath2UpSkilling Programme as an approach to Upskilling Pathways for low-skilled and low-qualified adults (O2).
(3) empower 25 educators, trainers and other personnel who support adult learners with the necessary skills to use the iPath2UpSkilling Platform & Programme (C1 and C2).
(4) expand at least 50 partnerships with Training Providers, Competence Assessment Centers & Second Chance Schools for Adults (O3)
(5) raise public awareness on the project’s results to 1000 persons.
1. A functional and operational iPath2UpSkilling Platform (IO1);
2. The iPath2UpSkilling Program detailed within 1 Mentorship Manual (IO2) and 3 Handbooks for end-users (IO2);
3. Content and resources for the iPath2UpSkilling Platform (IO3);